Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Breath-holding

The holidays impact us all for good or for ill. At best one might experience spiritual peace, good food and family fellowship. At worst workplace stress, financial pressure, loneliness and depression dominate. Most of us are caught somewhere in the middle.

This holiday season was my first with submissions in the void. I learned the obsessive way (constantly refreshing duotrope stats), just how slow things can get in the editorial world at this time of year.

The good news is that I'm waiting on a requested revision (another first!) and have a second story that's been "under consideration" at one of the Big Three for more than 48 hours. This is probably not the imminent lead up to "it"--you know--the moment when I finally sell a story and can shout it from the electronic roof-tops, but I feel like I'm getting somewhere, gaining momentum. And I still can't help holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment